Resurgence of Re-connection


I re-connected with an old friend on Monday. 

Natasha and I met in 1998, when I was sharing a student house in Bath - she took one of the spare rooms, and we made a pretty instant connection. It was a really special friendship, and we shared some really great times - my first Glastonbury, then a post-University flat-share in a beautiful Georgian townhouse, the cooking and sharing of delicious food, deep conversation, dancing about to endless live music; a feeling of true sisterhood.

We lost touch in 2009, and I've often wondered how she was.

Such a beautiful thing......to hear about each other's lives now, and to find out the ways in which we've both changed.......and, equally, the ways in which we're still just the same.


Old friends have been coming back into the forefront of my life recently, some after years and years of little or no contact, and it feels so joyful! A 'Resurgence of Re-connection'. Natasha is the third friend I've found again in just about as many months - what a special experience.

I'm so thankful for the richness of these really deep, long-established connections, and the knowing of each other even after a long time apart. It's funny how life brings us back to people we used to share so many times with.

And this stuff happens every day, all over the world, and there are millions of our stories, interwoven in ways we could hardly imagine. One of the true wonders of life as a human, I think.


How lovely to rekindle these (deliciously comfortable) old friendships after all these years, to pick up the story at a new point, and to continue along together as friends again - and with so much to learn about each other's lives during the time we'd lost touch.

What a celebration of life!

If you have experienced a similar re-connection, I would really love to hear more about your story. Feel free to comment below, or link to your own blog-post. Thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts